Master advanced SQL database coding w/ MySQL Workbench. My SQL course takes your SQL analysis skills to new heights!
What you'll learn
- Write advanced SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL Workbench
- Learn how to use subqueries and temporary tables to handle complex multi-step data problems
- Solve practical hands-on assignments and real-world eCommerce use cases
- Analyze data across multiple tables with powerful MySQL JOIN statements
- Master unique tips and tools that you won't find anywhere else
- Get LIFETIME access to resource files, quizzes, assignments, and expert support
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for Mac or Windows/PC (we’ll walk you through the free install process)
- It is expected that students have completed our SQL for Beginners course and have a solid understanding of SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins
Note that this is an advanced MySQL course. It builds upon the skills in our introductory MySQL courses. If you have not completed the beginner SQL course, you must review the prerequisite skills before taking this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course.
See why John is one of the TOP-RATED SQL/MySQL Instructors on Udemy:
“This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course was awesome! Despite being easy to understand, the pace was fast enough that I never got bored. My experience with MySQL was fun and I learned so much. By the end of the day, I was ready to keep learning — I wanted to keep moving on to the next lesson!“
– Ann S.
“I highly recommend this advanced course! It is highly recommended that you take both SQL courses from Maven Analytics. In this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course, people can learn how to build real-world eCommerce databases, which is the best part. You'll understand the concepts better when you can see how they relate to real-life scenarios and outcomes as opposed to merely reading about them. Your work is great!“
– Dan S.
“He has an unmatched understanding of SQL and databases, as well as the ability to explain them. It is far more effective than other SQL and MySQL courses I have taken, and I have tried reading books. John's courses are awesome, I can't wait to see more!“
– Steven M.
If you want to develop practical, real-world analytics & BI skills using advanced SQL, you're in the right place.
You will never experience anything like this before. Our expert instructor will show you how to apply your SQL skills to real-world projects as well as teach you how to THINK like a real analyst instead of just using random, illustrative data and demos.
Maven Fuzzy Factory is an eCommerce start-up, and you will be working directly with the CEO, Marketing Director, and Website (aff) Manager to help grow the business and analyze performance. This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course will introduce you to advanced SQL tools and techniques, and you'll work on real-world projects that data analysts and business intelligence professionals undertake every day.
- The prerequisite SQL skills assessment covers SELECT statements, aggregate functions, and table joins. You should be comfortable with these skills before entering this Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course. You can test your baseline SQL knowledge by taking the quiz included here.
- We'll explain how to download and install the tools that we'll need to access MySQL, including the MySQL Community Server and MySQL Workbench, for students who have not completed our intro course. In our next session, we will share download guides for Macs and PCs, and work with SQL to start creating the project database that we will examine throughout the Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course.
- In this section, we'll use MySQL to analyze where our website (aff) traffic is coming from, how different sources perform in terms of traffic volume and conversion rates, and how bids can be adjusted to maximize our budget.
- Website (aff) measurement and testing is a section where we will analyze page-level website (aff) data, build and analyze conversion funnels, and analyze traffic and conversion rates to help optimize a customer's online purchase experience.***MID-COURSE PROJECT: Preparing data for the executive board meeting
- Channel Analysis & OptimizationIn this section we’ll dig deeper into our traffic channel mix, explore paid vs. free traffic, break down performance by device type, and write advanced SQL queries to conduct some time-series analyses to understand trending and seasonality.
- Product-Level AnalysisIn this section we’ll use MySQL to break down product-level sales and conversion rates, analyze cross-selling patterns, and use refund rates to keep a pulse on quality.
- Analyses at the user level in this section, we'll explore user behavior and repeat sessions, and use MySQL techniques to identify our most valuable customers and to determine where they come from.***FINAL PROJECT: Building a data-driven growth story for potential investors
As you complete course projects and exercises, you'll actually see patterns and trends emerging within the data you study. This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course is not like other SQL courses; the focus is on sharpening your business intelligence and analytical thinking skills. Those who are interested in a career in data analytics should take this course.
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
- 8+ hours of high-quality video (aff)
- Downloadable MySQL ebook
- Quizzes and hands-on projects
- Mid-course and Final SQL projects
- 30-day money-back guarantee
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Advanced SQL: MySQL Data Analysis & Business Intelligence course does not cover creating, altering, or maintaining SQL/MySQL databases. We will focus here on data exploration and database analysis using MySQL and MySQL Workbench (we will cover database administration tools in a separate course).
-John (Lead SQL Instructor & MySQL Expert, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to quickly retrieve or analyze data stored in relational database systems
- Microsoft Excel users who wish to move on to a broader business intelligence or database role
- For SQL users looking to master one of the world's most popular and powerful database programming languages
- If you want to learn MySQL for business intelligence and data analysis in an engaging and engaging way, this course is for you
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- NOTE: This course is NOT for database administrators (we won't cover tools to build or maintain databases in this course)
Created by Maven Analytics, John Pauler
Last updated 2/2021
Size; 3.1 GB