A practical programming course for office workers, academics, and administrators who want to improve their productivity.
What you'll learn
- Automate tasks on their computer by writing simple Python programs.
- Write programs that can do text pattern recognition with “regular expressions”.
- Programmatically generate and update Excel spreadsheets.
- Parse PDFs and Word documents.
- Crawl web sites (aff) and pull information from online sources.
- Write programs that send out email notifications.
- Use Python's debugging tools to quickly figure out bugs in your code.
- Programmatically control the mouse and keyboard to click and type for you.
- No programming experience is required.
- Downloading and installing Python is covered at the start of the course.
- Basic computer skills: surfing websites, running programs, saving and opening documents, etc.
If you're an office worker, trainee, administrator, or simply wish to end up being more efficient with your computer system, programming will enable you to write code that can automate tiresome duties. This Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course follows the popular (and totally free!) book, Automate the Boring Stuff with Python.
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python was written for individuals who wish to get up to speed writing little programs that do useful activities as soon as possible. You do not require to understand arranging algorithms or object-oriented programming, so this Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course avoids all the computer science and focuses on writing code that gets things done.
This Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course is for total newbies and covers the popular Python programming language. You'll find out standard ideas in addition to:
- Web scraping
- Parsing PDFs and Excel spreadsheets
- Automating the keyboard and mouse
- Sending out e-mails and texts
- And a number of other useful subjects
By the end of this Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course, you'll have the ability to write code that not just significantly increases your performance, however likewise have the ability to note this enjoyable and imaginative ability on your resume.
Who this course is for:
- Office workers, trainees, small/home business employees, and administrators would wish to enhance their performance.
- Hopeful software application engineers who wish to include abilities to their programming toolbelt.
- Computer system users who have actually heard the “discover to code” message, however, desire useful factors to find out programming.
- Experienced Python software application engineers can avoid the very first half of the Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course, however might discover the later parts that cover numerous third-party modules valuable.
- While this course does not cover particular DevOps tools, this Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming course would work for QA, DevOps, and admins who wish to find out the scripting in Python.
Created by Al Sweigart
Last updated 4/2020
Size: 4.16 GB