A photorealistic environment with Eevee? You should believe it!
The Create Realistic Industrial Environments With Blender And Eevee course on Realistic Industrial Environments for Blender is made possible by Eevee.
I should say: Eevee made it practical. Those of you familiar with the Backhoe assembly animation will recognize this environment:
Rendering of this environment was done with Eevee
Using Cycles, I rendered the backhoe.
In the beginning, I tried rendering the scene with Cycles, but I needed it to finish before my kids finished college… my friend Eevee saved the day!
You will learn how to create photorealistic environments with Eevee in this Create Realistic Industrial Environments With Blender And Eevee course
The total duration of the Create Realistic Industrial Environments With Blender And Eevee course video (aff) is approximately 5 hours, broken up into digestible lessons.
Simple modeling based on primitives
- The models are very simple since they are based on primitive shapes: cubes and cylinders.
- Since we want Eevee's real-time potential maximized, we're avoiding subdivision smoothing.
- Despite being low poly, there will be smooth surfaces (a best of both worlds scenario)!
Simple yet competent models + robust materials
- Most of the heavy lifting for this project is done by shading.
- All materials are 100% procedural. (no UVs or image textures)
- We will repeat our procedural concepts and adjust them according to our needs
A variety of tricks and tips are also included:
- Eevee's indirect lighting provides an approximated global illumination component. Sure it's not as accurate as Cycles but it can get the job done in the right conditions! Darkly lit being one of those conditions.
- Volumetric Fog / Smoke does a lot for establishing spatial depth as well as introducing cinematic drama. One of my favorite features of Eevee is its fast volume calculation.
- Photorealistic post-processing techniques. We'll discuss a few compositing techniques that push a realistic render further into *photo* realism.
Complete workflow, 5 hours of video training
Created By CG Cookie VIA BLENDERMARKET