A Complete College-Level Music Theory Curriculum. This edition of the course includes levels 1, 2, & 3.
What you’ll learn
- Read Music Using Proven Techniques
- Understand All the Symbols (Not Only the Notes) of a Music Score
- Read, Play, and Count Rhythms Accurately
- The elements of the Score
- Pitch Names
- Pitch Classes
- The White Keys
- The Black Keys (not the band!)
- Half-Steps and Whole-Steps
- Naming Octaves
- Identifying Notes on the Staff
- Identifying Notes on the Keyboard
- Beat and Beat Divisions
- Downbeats and Upbeats
- Dotted Rhythms
- Time Signatures
- Form in Music Notation
- Chromatic and Diatonic scales
- Ordered Pitch Class Collections
- The pattern of a Major Scale
- Scale Degrees
- Writing melodies with major scales
- Analyzing melodies
- What it means to be “in key”
- Key signatures
- How to identify key signatures
- Popular song analysis
- Building triads (chords)
- Diatonic chord progressions
- Roman numeral analysis
- Finding chords by formula
- The thirds inside of a chord
- Finding fifths by finding thirds
- Diminished triads
- Augmented triads
- Chords on the guitar
- Full Analysis: Canon in D (Pachabel)
- Full Analysis: Minuet in G (Bach)
- 7th Chords
- Major 7th Chords
- Minor 7th Chords
- Dominant 7th Chords
- Tendency Chords
- Using the Circle of Fifths for Songwriting and Composition
- Borrowing from Closely Related Keys
- Scale Degree Names
- Tendency Tones
- Compound Meters
- Compound Meter Signatures
- Reading and Writing Compound Meters
- Triplets, dubplets, and Quadruplets
- Finding Minor keys by alternations to Major
- Patterns in Minor keys
- Relative Minor keys
- Parallel Minor keys
- Minor keys in the Circle of Fifths
- Using Minor Keys for Songwriting and Composition
- Diatonic Chord Progressions in Minor
- The V Chord and Minor and the Leading Tone Problem
- Harmonic Minor Scales
- Melodic Minor Scales
- Students should be enthusiastic about music, but do not need to be producers or musicians. No prior experience is needed in music – All are welcome!
- I’ll be using a piece of software in this Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1 2 & 3) course that I would like students to get. Don’t worry – it’s free! And works on Mac and PC programs. I’ll tell you more in the first few videos.
** UDEMY BEST SELLER **
This course is “5-Star Certified” by the International Association of Online Music Educators and Institutions (IAOMEI). This Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1 2 & 3) course has actually been individually evaluated by a panel of specialists and has actually gotten an excellent 5-star rating.
Welcome to the COMPLETE Music Theory Guide!
This is a class made for the typical individual who is ready to take music theory (or music interest) and turn it into a functional ability. Whether you are an active artist or a hopeful artist, this class is ideal for you.
For several years I’ve been teaching Music Theory in the college class. These classes I’m creating for Udemy utilize the exact same curriculum I’ve utilized in my college classes for several years, at a portion of the expense. I think anybody can learn Music Theory – and expense should not be a barrier.
My method to music theory is to lessen the memorization. If you’ve attempted to learn music theory in the past, or if you are simply beginning out – this series of courses is the ideal fit.
Dr. Allen is an expert artist, premier Udemy trainer, and university teacher. In 2017 the Star Tribune included him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is acknowledged by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
This class is a Comprehensive class – it will have lots of parts, going through my whole yearly curriculum.
This Edition of the class is the “Complete” Edition: It consists of levels 1, 2, & 3 in their totality.
Consisted of in this course:
- 151 Video lectures, following my college Music Theory Curriculum.
- 28 Downloadable worksheets for practice (with responses!).
- Gain access to discount rates to my whole network for music classes.
- Subscription to the class theory-learner community.
Due to the fact that this is 3 class integrated into one, going through every subject we cover in this class would create for a really, long list. Here is simply a tip of all the subjects we cover:.
- My technique to Music Theory.
- Tools you will require to learn Music Theory rapidly and effectively.
- Music software application: Notation programs.
- The components of ball game.
- Pitch Names.
- Pitch Classes.
- The White Keys.
- The Black Keys (not the band!).
- Half-Steps and Whole-Steps.
- Calling Octaves.
- Determining Notes on the Staff.
- Recognizing Notes on the Keyboard.
- Beat and Beat Divisions.
- Downbeats and Upbeats.
- Dotted Rhythms.
- Time Signatures.
- Kind in Music Notation.
- Chromatic and Diatonic scales.
- Ordered Pitch Class Collections.
- The pattern of a Major Scale.
- Scale Degrees.
- Composing tunes with major scales.
- Examining tunes.
- What it suggests to be “in crucial”.
- Key signatures.
- How to determine key signatures.
- Popular song analysis.
- Building triads (chords).
- Diatonic chord progressions.
- Roman numeral analysis.
- Discovering chords by formula.
- The thirds within a chord.
- Discovering fifths by discovering thirds.
- Diminished triads.
- Augmented triads.
- Chords on the guitar.
- Complete Analysis: Canon in D (Pachabel).
- Complete Analysis: Minuet in G (Bach).
- 7th Chords.
- Major 7th Chords.
- Minor 7th Chords.
- Dominant 7th Chords.
- Tendency Chords.
- Utilizing the Circle of Fifths for Songwriting and Composition.
- Borrowing from Closely Related Keys.
- Scale Degree Names.
- Tendency Tones.
- Compound Meters.
- Compound Meter Signatures.
- Reading and Writing Compound Meters.
- Triplets, dubplets, and Quadruplets.
- Finding Minor keys by alternations to Major.
- Patterns in Minor keys.
- Relative Minor keys.
- Parallel Minor keys.
- Minor keys in the Circle of Fifths.
- Utilizing Minor Keys for Songwriting and Composition.
- Diatonic Chord Progressions in Minor.
- The V Chord and Minor and the Leading Tone Problem.
- Harmonic Minor Scales.
- Melodic Minor Scales.
- … and much, far more!
And obviously, as soon as you register for this class, you immediately get substantial discount rates to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another chance to learn Music Theory in a more thorough method than this.
All the tools you require to effectively learn Music Theory are consisted of in this course and the whole course is based upon real-life experiences – not simply scholastic theory.
Please click the “Take This Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1 2 & 3) Course” button so you can introduce your music profession today.
This course is ideal for preparation for the Praxis II Test (ETS Praxis Music), The ABRSM Music Theory Exam (as much as Grade 8), AP Music Theory Exam, College Placement Exams (Music Theory), and other typical secondary and post-secondary positioning examinations.
** I ensure that this Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1 2 & 3) course is the most extensive music theory course offered ANYWHERE on the marketplace – or your cash back (30 day cash back warranty) **.
Closed captions have actually been contributed to all lessons in this course.
Captions are likewise consisted of in Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese.
Applaud for Courses by Jason Allen:.
⇢ “It appears like every little information is being covered in an incredibly basic style. The knowing procedure ends up being unwinded and enables intricate ideas to get absorbed quickly.
⇢ “Great for everybody with no understanding up until now. I purchased all 3 parts … It’s the very best financial investment in leveling up my abilities up until now.” – Z. Palce.
⇢ “Excellent descriptions! No more or less than what is required.” – A. Tóth.
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waited for years to see an excellent video course, now I do not have to wait any longer.
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I truly like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel.
⇢ “The essentials discussed really plainly – loads of truly beneficial suggestions!” – J. Pook.
⇢ “Jason is actually fast and fantastic with concerns, constantly a terrific resource for an online class!” M. Smith.
Students who sign up for this Music Theory Comprehensive Complete! (Levels 1 2 & 3) course will get continuous special material and discount rates for all future classes in the series.
Who this course is for:.
- Anybody in any nation, and any age, who is ready to begin learning music in an enjoyable, casual, and helpful method.
- This course is made for students who have either never ever attempted to learn music theory in the past, or attempted and could not come to comprehend the ideas.
- This is a course for students who wish to comprehend whatever about music theory, from the ground up.
Created by Jason Allen
Last updated 4/2020
Size: 3.01 GB