Learn the Fundamental Mechanics of Financial Planning and Position Your Career for Success!
What you’ll learn
- Prepare a Company’s Budget from Scratch
- Perform Top-Down and Bottom-up Forecasting
- Forecast a Company’s Sales
- Forecast a Company’s Planned Level of Production
- Calculate Net Cash Flow
- Forecast Various Types of Expenditures
- Estimate Working Capital Needs
- Carry out a Fixed Asset Rollforward
- Build an Integrated Financial Model
- Absolutely no experience is required. We start from the basics and gradually build up our knowledge. Everything is in the Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course.
- You will need Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016
Looking to boost your income as a financial analyst?
Willing to acquire valuable skills that will set you aside from the competition?
You’ve come to the right place!
Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget from Scratch guides you through the core principles of Financial Planning and helps you to understand how a company prepares its budget. The video lessons touch on several technical topics such as revenue forecasting, cost planning, working capital development, fixed assets roll-forward, and cash flow calculation. Besides that, we will discuss why firms need budgets, which are the financial statements that a company uses to create its budget, what types of budgets are there, which are the main techniques used in financial planning, who is involved in the preparation of a budget, and who is interested in the final numbers that are signed-off in the budget. Specializing in these topics will turn you into a valuable, indispensable member of any company’s Finance team.
In this Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course, 365 Careers brings in a guest lecturer – a Finance professional with significant real-world experience working for companies like 3M and Coca-Cola. As part of the Financial Planning & Analysis department of these firms, Marian has participated in complete budgeting exercises on several occasions. He is the right teacher for you because he understands how to explain a complicated topic in an easy to comprehend way. He is passionate about teaching and will always be available to answer your questions.
This Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course shows it all, with no steps skipped. The lessons are easy, time-efficient and well structured. We have used a number of teaching methods! Video lectures, Theory, Real business Examples, Animations, Quiz Questions, Case Studies, a Course Challenge … you name it!
Why should you learn about FP&A and Budgeting?
One of the most important activities in Corporate Finance
- A key topic in interviews, especially when hiring people with a few years of experience
- Budgeting is great for networking – you communicate with some of the most important individuals within a company
- Salary. FP&A specialists enjoy a very well-paid career
- Promotions. Financial Planning Analysts acquire valuable technical skills and are well-known throughout the organization, which makes them the leading candidates for senior roles
- Growth. Forecasting what will occur in the future is always interesting and full of surprises
Here comes the fun part!
We have a challenge for you! After each major block you have covered, you will be asked to solve a challenge. You will:
- Forecast a company’s sales
- Create a budget plan for costs that will support the forecasted level of sales
- Work on a Production Budget
- Calculate a Cash Flow
- Produce an Income Statement and Balance Sheet
Sounds interesting, right?
At the end of the challenge, you will send us the work that you’ve done, and we will send back personalized feedback to you. This makes for an interactive student experience that optimizes what you will learn from the Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course.
The students who complete the task will participate in our monthly Amazon Gift Card lottery with the chance of winning a $10 gift card, rewarding them for their engagement.
What makes this Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course different from the rest of the Finance courses that are out there?
- High quality of production – Full HD video and animations (This isn’t a collection of boring lectures!)
- Knowledgeable instructor (experience working for companies like 3M and Coca-Cola)
- Specialized training – the only course that covers this topic on Udemy
- Extensive Case Studies that will help you reinforce everything you’ve learned
- Course Challenge: Solve our Course Challenge and make this Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course an interactive experience
- Excellent support: If you don’t understand a concept, or you simply want to drop us a line, you’ll receive an answer within 1 business day
- Dynamic: We don’t want to waste your time! The instructor keeps up a very good pace throughout the whole course.
Please don’t forget that the Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course comes with Udemy’s 30-day, unconditional money-back-in-full guarantee. And why not give such a guarantee, when we are convinced that the course will provide a ton of value for you?
Click the ‘Buy now’ button to get access to the Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget course and boost your career!
Who this course is for:
- People Who Want a Successful Career in Finance
- Anyone Who Wants to Learn How to Create a Corporate Budget
- People who are ambitious and want to learn faster than their peers
Created by 365 Careers
Last updated 1/2021
Size: 244.51 MB