Android developers can use Kotlin because it is expressive, concise, and powerful. Here is all the information you need to get started.
What you'll learn
- Build professional, fully functional apps using Kotlin
- Apply for Jr. Android (aff) app development jobs
- Submit apps to the Google Play store
- Must have PC with Windows 8+ OR macOS OR Linux/Ubuntu
- Recommend having an actual Android (aff) device but it is not required
KOTLIN FOR ANDROID (aff)
Our Kotlin for Android (aff) Kotlin for Android (aff): Beginner to Advanced course is the most comprehensive in the world. Whether you are a Java developer coming from an Android (aff) development background or have no experience with Android, we teach you everything you need to know about developing Kotlin apps.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
In contrast to most Kotlin for Android: Beginner to Advanced courses on Kotlin, our focus goes beyond the language itself. Devslopes makes it easy to learn to code. During the workshop, you will learn everything you need to know about Kotlin, interface builders, and the SDKs you need to create iOS (aff) and Android apps. Additionally, you will be building stunning, professional-looking apps from the beginning to the end.
Here are some of the things you'll be able to do after taking this Kotlin for Android: Beginner to Advanced course:
- Learn to code how the PROs code – not just copy and paste
- Learn everything you need to know about submitting to the Google Play store
- Build beautiful Apps – We don't build trash – you'll create amazing real-world apps
- Build Real Projects – You'll get to build projects that help you retain what you've learned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Installing JDK and Android Studio as well as IntelliJ
- How to run apps on own device
- Those looking to get a full time job as a developer
- Kotlin Foundations – Variables, Strings, Collections, Classes, Inheritance, Lambda Expressions
- In depth look at activity life cycle, intents, and context
- Deep dive on constraint layout and supporting multiple device sizes.
- Enhance your UI with custom drawables
- Using Kotlin with Android SDK
- Comprehensive overview of List and Recycler Views
- Learn all about web requests and working with APIs and even implement web sockets in a fully functional Slack app clone.
Don't forget to join the free live community where you can get free help anytime from other students.
Who this course is for:
- This Kotlin for Android: Beginner to Advanced course is for absolute beginners with no coding experience
- Programmers coming from Java who want to learn Kotlin for Android
Created by Devslopes by Mark Wahlbeck
Last updated 3/2018
Size: 3.96 GB