Become proficient in Krita's powerful features for quick and non-destructive illustration.
What you'll learn
- General computer graphic concepts that all artists need to know
- Hands-on projects carefully designed to help students gradually level up from beginners to masters in a very short time
- An in-depth explanation of many different features and settings inside Krita
- Learn the workflow of creating professional-level illustration fast and non-destructive
- Designed for complete beginners. No experience needed!
- Able to use basic computer operations such as copying files, extracting the zip files, installing software, etc.
- It is strongly recommended that you have a pressure-sensitive drawing tablet such as Wacom, XP-Pen, Huion, etc.
Similar to Photoshop, Gimp, Corel Painter, etc., Krita is a graphic application. As an open-source project, Krita is much cheaper than Photoshop. This means anyone can use the software for free without having to purchase a license. Originally intended as a digital painting application, Krita was designed for digital artists. That is why Krita will make you feel right at home if you want to create drawings or illustrations.
If you have never used Krita before and want to master it quickly. Then this Krita basic to advanced digital painting course is the best choice for you. The program is designed for complete beginners, so no experience is necessary. You can also take this course if you previously used Photoshop and want to switch to Krita. I will mention many of Photoshop's comparable features when explaining the features of Krita in this Krita basic to advanced digital painting course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
There are so many things we will cover in this course and it will be too long to explain all of them in this short text. But to name a few, here are the things you will learn in the first several sections of this Krita basic to advanced digital painting course.
We will start at zero, which is the general concepts of computer graphics (aff), such as raster and vector, color models, bit depth per channel, etc. Then I will discuss how to make Krita run more smoothly and how to set up drawing tablets for optimal results. In order to get the most out of Krita and to benefit from this Krita basic to an advanced digital painting course, a drawing tablet is necessary.
Next, we'll go over Krita's basic features. Learn how to work with documents, customize the user interface, navigate the canvas, and how to use the brush tool. Next, we will learn how to work with color, such as selecting colors and choosing colors from those already present. In the following section, we will examine layers and their different properties of them, such as alpha inheritance, opacity, blending modes, and group layers. These layers enhance the ability to create complex artwork remarkably quickly and easily. The selection will be discussed next. Next, we will explore how to further customize Krita for a faster digital painting workflow. In the second part of the workshop, we will cover basic shading concepts while creating a skull illustration. The next step after we finish the skull project will be to practice more advanced techniques and strategies while we create this tree illustration from scratch up until the final depiction. With this creative process, you will be able to produce a number of different variations of artwork from a single artwork quickly. An industry such as the gaming industry, for example, that operates at a high pace requires this kind of adaptability.
So, JOIN NOW! And start creating masterpieces with Krita! See you on the other side.
I will add more lessons progressively to cover these topics -in sha Allah-:
- Stylized illustration workflow
- Vector editing
- Vector + raster workflow
- Custom brushes
- Line artworks techniques
- … etc.
All updates will be free for existing students.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn digital illustration from scratch
- Anyone who wants to learn Krita from the very basic
- Photoshop or Corel-Painter users who want to migrate to an open-source alternative
Created by Widhi Muttaqien, S.Kom, MMSI
Last updated 6/2020
Size: 5.76 GB