Get valuable experience with JIRA Software and Confluence while working on, managing, and administering agile projects
What you’ll learn
- Understand what JIRA is, the benefits of JIRA, and how to use JIRA
- Understand Scrum – the stakeholders, events, and overall flow of work
- Understand Kanban flow of work
- Use JIRA as a user working within an agile team – creating, working on,, and searching for issues, customizing dashboards, etc.
- Use JIRA as a manager of an agile team – configuring agile boards, managing the backlog, sprints, and releases, etc.
- Administer all aspects of JIRA – create users, groups, set permissions, configure issue types, screens, fields, workflows, etc.
- Use examples presented in this Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course to customize and use JIRA based on your own unique needs
- Get ideas (through examples presented in the Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course) on how JIRA can be utilized for different scenarios or situations
- Learn the basics of Confluence
- Learn how you can use both JIRA and Confluence together to work better and be more productive in general
- There is no pre-requisite knowledge required to take this Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course.
- If you’re looking to practice or follow along with the videos, you would need access to a Jira Cloud instance via a web browser
We have tailored this Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course to cover all the aspects of JIRA with real-world examples and is intended for any user, manager, or admin. The application incorporates some of the latest features available in JIRA Software on Cloud (standard version) as of June 2020.
Plus bonus Confluence content -Confluence is a great tool when used in conjunction with JIRA, so find out how to make it work best.
JIRA is a fantastic tool for agile project management and one of the most widely used. By correctly configuring and using it, you’ll be able to work more efficiently, smarter and faster.
WHY TAKE THE Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) COURSE:
- Learn all the most important aspects of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies
- Cover all the main aspects of JIRA including working within an agile team, leading an agile team, and administering the main things that make up JIRA
- real-world examples, such as:
- How to organize your daily task list via a scrum-based workflow
- How to create permissions for internal team members and external members (such as consultants, customers, etc)
- JIRA allows you to create stories and epics for agile projects – learn how to create another issue type used in agile called Spike and create custom screens, fields, and workflows for this new issue type.
- Modify the default software development workflow to include steps for QA
- Management of multiple teams working on the same projects via multiple agile boards tailored to each team
- Support is available 24/7 I will always be available to answer any questions you might have
STRUCTURE OF THE Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) COURSE:
- Agile Concepts – Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. Towards the end of the section, you will have a much better understanding of these methodologies as I have made sure to cover the most important aspects of how they function.
- Working within an agile team – Get your first look at navigating the Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, create custom dashboards to see what’s happening in Jira, and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
- Leading an agile team -Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints, and creating releases. All these steps stay true to the agile steps described in the prior section.
- Jira Administration – Goes over all the main administration sections and each part has an example that you can use to follow along with. By the end of this section, you will understand all the customizable aspects of Jira and be able to cater your own instance to fit your own specific needs.
- Next-Gen Projects – In this section, I explore the options available in Jira’s Next-Gen projects, along with all their features and applications.
- Real-world examples, scenarios, and bonus content – In this chapter, I show you how I use Jira to track and forecast my personal day-to-day tasks using a daily scrum-based process, among other things.
- Confluence – Jira’s best friend when it comes to content management
I created this Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course as a comprehensive guide to Jira that anyone would need to either get introduced to JIRA or get fully up to speed with the most basic concepts and features. I feel the best way of learning something is by example. I have put a lot of content in explaining the features and concepts with examples and am continuously adding more examples and scenarios to share my experience and knowledge of using JIRA in real-world situations.
I’ll be here to help answer any questions you might have along the way.
Who this course is for:
- This Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course is for anyone looking for an agile project management system
- It is for anyone looking for an introduction to Jira & Confluence and getting up to speed with how to use and administer them
- Anyone who is looking to understand all features and concepts of Jira & Confluence and get up to speed with using and administering them for their teams
- Anyone looking for examples on how Jira can be used for agile teams and/or ideas on how to take advantage of Jira for various scenarios
Created by Kosh Sarkar
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 4.1 GB