What you’ll learn
- Modularize Node project
- Create models. migrations, seeders in postgreSQL with Sequelize
- Backend and Frontend Authentication system
- Achieve real-time communication with Web Sockets
- React, Redux, React Router Dom
- Custom image upload with Node
- Some familiarity with Node and React
You will learn how to create a full-featured real-time web chat application by enrolling and completing this Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application course. We will go through all of the processes together, so it doesn’t matter if you’ve never done anything like the technologies we’ll be using.
Here are, summarized, some of the things you will learn throughout this Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application course.
- Install Node and create a simple project structure
- This lesson will teach you how to set up a new NPM project. Enable the node watcher and hot reload in the project to automatically apply changes. The project environment, configuration files, and dynamic structure are set.
- Install PostgreSQL and general database management
- We will also learn how PostgreSQL can be installed with PgAdmin (the database management tool). You will also learn how to create models, tables, seeders, and perform SQL queries with sequelize (Object Relational Mapping).
- Create Node authentication with JWT tokens
- Your Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application course that will focus on hashing user passwords, creating JSON web tokens, integrating authentication middleware, and controlling how users can consume your API.
- You will also learn how to create custom form request validators for handling user input
- Custom file upload
- It will help you create a custom upload folder, upload files using multer, and validate the files before uploading.
- Create new React application with Redux and Router
- You will learn how to create a new React application. Add Redux for state management and Router for application navigation.
- You will learn how to create async store actions and properly update state inside reducers
- You will learn how to create Protected Routes, create Axios base configuration, and use services Axios calls.
- Implement Web Sockets
- You will learn how to implement sockets in Node and also in React application. How to achieve real-time communication, emit, and listen to events between server and client.
- You will have fun
- You will have a fun time learning so many different things at the same time. Although it can sometimes be a bit overwhelming, you will enjoy the challenges of learning something cool and popular in today’s real-time world.
Who this course is for:
- Developers interested in creating real-time applications
Created by Dino Numić
Last updated 11/2020
Size: 2.57 GB
Download Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application Part 1
Download Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application Part 2
Download Node.js and React: Build a complete web chat application Part 3