What you'll learn
- Design web apps that appear and behave like native mobile apps on iOS (aff) and Android (aff)
- Use service workers to build web apps that work without internet connection (offline-first)
- Make use of device capabilities, such as the camera and geolocation, to enhance user engagement with your web apps
- Use web push notifications to increase user engagement with your web apps
PWAs (Progressive Web Apps) is the next big thing in web development because they provide mobile-app-like experiences to your users without requiring them to download an app from the app store/play store.
The “Progressive Web App” is simply a term describing all the features that enable mobile-like experiences. It is a topic that is highly trending and will likely stay relevant for quite some time! As well as being heavily promoted by Google (at Google I/O 2017, the company's developer conference, several talks were devoted to PWAs), major companies like Twitter and the Washington Post have quickly adopted it.
Building and optimizing these types of web applications is already an increasingly important, highly sought-after skill for modern web developers, and this trend is only going to accelerate! Learn how to develop PWAs to give yourself an advantage over your competitors.
The Progressive Web Apps (PWA) – The Complete Guide course will guide you through every step you’ll need to build amazing PWAs, leading to a perfect score (100 percent) in Google's PWA auditing tool “Lighthouse”:
- Detailed explanation about what a PWA exactly is
- How to use an app manifest to make your web app installable on device homescreens
- Using service workers to offer offline support by caching assets
- Advanced service worker usage and caching strategies
- A refresher on Promises and the Fetch API as both concepts are heavily used in PWAs
- How to improve user engagement by adding push notifications
- A way to synchronize data in the background, even if connection is lost
- How to access native device features like the camera or geolocation
- Using Workbox to make service worker management easier
- Explanations on how to turn your next SPA project into a PWA
- And more
So this Progressive Web Apps (PWA) – The Complete Guide course has a lot to offer, how do you tell if it's for you though?
It definitely is the right choice if …
- … you already are a web developer (no matter if experienced or still new to the business) and want to prepare for the future
- … you want to deliver the best possible experiences to your users, using technologies like web push notifications or offline support
What do you need to know to get the most out of the Progressive Web Apps (PWA) – The Complete Guide course?
- No advanced knowledge of these technologies required though
I'd be very happy to welcome you on board of this Progressive Web Apps (PWA) – The Complete Guide course and start this journey together with you!
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to build web apps that look and behave like native mobile apps
- Students who want to build offline-ready web apps (yes, that works!)
- Anyone who wants to build web apps that offer access to the device camera, geolocation, push notifications and provide offline support
- Students who want to leverage the latest browser features whilst still supporting older browsers
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Last updated 11/2020
Size: 2.07 GB