Get a hands-on introduction to the Python and Django web frameworks for building web applications and websites
What you'll learn
- Learn how to use Python for web development with Django
- Build real projects and apply what you learned in a full blog website (aff) created in the course
- Choose between the full course or the included course summary to get you started quickly
- Basic Python and web development knowledge (HTML/ CSS) is required
- NO prior Django experience is required at all
In fact, Python is the most popular programming language in the world, because it's easy to learn, incredibly versatile and full of power.
Creating a website (aff) is one of the most important things you can do with Python! It is possible to develop websites using Python.
To simplify things, you would typically use a framework like Django since that allows you to focus on your core business logic, and you don't have to implement all the nitty-gritty technical details yourself.
Django is the most popular Python web development framework out there, and this Python Django – The Practical Guide course explains how to use it!
All the aspects of web development are covered by Django, from how requests are handled and responses are handled to how dynamic HTML pages are rendered using templates and even how databases are accessed and managed. This course covers it in great detail and has all the elements baked right in!
In this Python Django – The Practical Guide course we teach you Django from the ground up – you don't need any previous knowledge before you begin. To get started, you only need basic Python and website development knowledge.
The Python Django – The Practical Guide course begins with the basics and continues to covering steps for creating Django projects, running them, and adding features.
In detail, this Python Django – The Practical Guide course covers:
- Installing Django
- Creating and understanding Django projects
- Understanding URLs, views, requests and responses
- Working with templates and static files like CSS and images
- Working with data and models
- Connecting data with relationships (one-to-many, one-to-one, many-to-many)
- Querying data with Django's powerful model solution
- Adding administration panels to your projects
- Handling user input with forms – manually and with Django's built-in form support
- Advanced features like class-based views (and when to use them)
- Dealing with file uploads and how to serve uploaded files
- Working with sessions
- In-depth deployment instructions and examples
- Different ways of deploying and serving static files and user uploads
- And much more!
Our Python Django – The Practical Guide course covers all of these topics with great depth and includes a complete assignment where we create a “Blog website (aff)” from scratch.
Consequently, you will learn both the theory and all the important concepts, and will also be able to see how they are applied.
Therefore, once you complete the Python Django – The Practical Guide course, you will have a solid understanding of Django and be able to dive into your own Django projects!
Who this course is for:
- Python developers who want to take the next step and dive into web development with Python
- Everyone interested in learning how to build websites with Python
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 4.57 GB