Python, Flask, Flask-RESTful, and Flask-SQLAlchemy for building professional REST APIs
What you'll learn
- Connect web or mobile applications to databases and servers via REST APIs
- Create secure and reliable REST APIs which include authentication, logging, caching, and more
- Understand the different layers of a web server and how web applications interact with each other
- Handle seamless user authentication with advanced features like token refresh
- Handle log-outs and prevent abuse in your REST APIs with JWT blacklisting
- Develop professional-grade REST APIs with expert instruction
- Some prior programming experience in any programming language will help. The REST APIs with Flask and Python course includes a full Python refresher course.
- All software used in the REST APIs with Flask and Python course is provided, and completely free
- Complete beginners may wish to take a beginner Python course first, and then transition to this REST APIs with Flask and Python course afterwards
How often are you frustrated by outdated, incomplete, incorrect, and boring tutorials? It's time to stop copying-pasting code you don't understand.
Our REST API course is one of the most popular on Udemy! My name is Jose. With my experience as a software engineer, I am here to help you learn and master web and REST API development with Python and Flask.
Production-ready REST APIs with Flask
This REST APIs with Flask and Python course guides you through the process of creating simple, intermediate, and advanced REST APIs, including authentication, deployments, databases, and much more.
The first part of the REST APIs with Flask and Python course is a quick Python refresher covering all the basics to some of the most advanced features of Python – all the Python you need to complete the course.
This REST APIs with Flask and Python course will focus on building complete, production-ready REST APIs using Flask and popular Flask extensions like Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy.
Also, we'll explore essential technologies such as Git, Heroku, and NGINX.
You'll be able to…
- Create resource-based, production-ready REST APIs using Python, Flask, and popular Flask extensions;
- Handle secure user registration and authentication with Flask.
- Using SQLAlchemy and Flask-SQLAlchemy to easily and efficiently store resources to a database; and
- Understand the complex intricacies of deployments and the performance of Flask REST APIs.
But what is a REST API anyway?
REST APIs provide the means for clients to send data to them and for the application to receive the data back. Using a REST API, a client can submit text data, such as a username and password, and get a response if that person is a valid user.
Web apps or mobile apps are usually our clients when we develop REST APIs. This is the opposite of when we create websites, which are usually used by the clients themselves.
The API we develop together will not only allow authentication but also storing and retrieving any data you want from a database. This will prepare you for the development of any REST API you will need in the future!
As a teacher, I am dedicated to providing excellent support and feedback to all students. I am always available to answer your questions and guide you.
On the inside, I'll see you. Become a REST API master with your first step!
Who this course is for:
- Student interested in extending mobile and web application capabilities using server-side technologies
- Software developers seeking to expand their skillsets and learn how to develop REST-based APIs
- Students looking for a Python course that is tailored to specific web services
Created By Jose Salvatierra, Teclado by Jose Salvatierra
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 4.7 GB