What you'll learn
- Create core combat mechanics for melee, ranged, and special attacks.
- More advanced C# techniques such as interfaces, delegates, and co-routines.
- Create pathfinding systems and patrol paths for enemies and NPCs.
- Make a detailed level with terrain, enemies, triggers, lighting, particles, and props.
- Balance the player and enemy stats (eg. health, damage, movement, attack speed, and more).
- Advanced game design, project management, and code architecture strategies.
- You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc)
- Some familiarity with Unity's APIs is helpful.
- You should know your way around Unity 5's editor.
This extremely well-known course was over 200% funded on Kickstarter and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We suggest you take a minimum of the very first half of our Complete Unity Developer 2D or 3D, or comparable, as a pre-requisite.
This RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding course is the very first part in our RPG series. There are 2 other different courses in this series, one which concentrates on the Inventory system and another that handles Dialogue and Quests.
Role-Playing Games can be intricate to create, with lots of communicating gameplay systems. We make it simple for you, with this online RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding course that teaches you detailed on how to make the structures of any excellent RPG combat system – from scratch.
In this RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding course we're concentrating on the core of any terrific RPG, offering your players an enjoyable combat minute in a well-crafted level, based upon a strong game design, built utilizing a robust code architecture. You will follow our project, however, likewise, make the game totally your own.
This is an extremely practical and detailed intro to real game development. We'll be taking you through our procedure detailed, with all choices warranted and all opportunities checked out.
Fancy something a little various to start? Have a look at GameDev's other RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding courses, simply try to find the green logo (aff) design as your guide.
We will be handling player movement, NavMesh navigation, AI pathfinding, conserve and filling systems, standard pick ups, utilizing asset packs, debug code, making particle effects and more. We'll likewise offer you a robust code architecture for handling more intricate projects by establishing namespaces.
You'll require a fundamental grasp of Unity and C# prior to you get going, from there we'll be teaching you advanced programming methods such as C# delegates, user interfaces, co-routines, and more.
Building an RPG is a remarkable method to level-up your game development abilities, so why not join us and begin enhancing your game development today?
Get plugged into our communities of fantastic developers on Facebook (almost 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our trainee chat group (10k live at any one time).
Who this course is for:
- This course is for intermediate Unity users who wish to create their own RPG.
- Our Complete Unity Developer course supplies the best pre-requisite.
Created by Ben Tristem, Rick Davidson, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
Last updated 10/2020
Size: 17.7 GB