What you'll learn
- Learn how to use the in-demand WebGL Open Source library ThreeJS
- Add vital skills to your CV
- Learn key coding techniques by creating fun games.
- Learn to adapt freely available 3D assets so they are game ready.
You will learn new skills as you progress through the The Beginners Guide to 3D Web Game Development with ThreeJS course. You'll learn how to animate a player avatar, control NPC characters so they can patrol on a random path by using navigation meshes and path-finding in the next game. We'll walk you through controlling the avatar on a desktop with a keyboard or gamepad and on a mobile phone with an on-screen controller. The objective of this tutorial is to teach you how to fire bullets at an enemy and add AI to the enemy so they can fire back. There are all the ingredients that make up a shooter game.
For the final game, we used the physics engine CannonJS to control actual ball movement during an Eight-ball Pool game.
As you proceed, you will learn to create your 3D assets for the games you make using Blender, a 3D application program.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and intermediate developers wanting to learn to use the Open Source WebGL library ThreeJS
Created by Nicholas Lever
Last updated 8/2021
Size: 4.6 GB