A complete guide to modeling, texturing, and rigging professional 3D characters using Blender in this Ultimate character creation in Blender: From beginner to pro course!
- Be able to work with a computer that is capable of running Blender version 2.9 or above.
- It's recommended to work with a three-button mouse, but it's not mandatory.
- Basic knowledge of Blender or any other 3D software is desirable, but it's not completely necessary. You will learn all of the tools that will be needed for this course.
Welcome to the “Ultimate character creation in Blender: From beginner to pro”.
The objective of this course is to learn how to model, texture, and rig 3D characters to achieve a professional appearance using Blender, an open-source 3D software.
- Our first step will be to get familiar with the Blender interface, so we can use it to develop the Ultimate character creation in Blender: From beginner to pro course. The basic functionality of the software will be outlined, including navigation around the viewport, manipulating objects in the scene, and learning some shortcuts so we can work more effectively.
- Our next step will be to create some characters once we've completed the quick overview of Blender basics. Using reference images and a few primitive shapes, we will begin modeling a hard-surfaced character by using the box model.
- We will then create our second character, which is a mouse. Our goal is to model organic characters using the polygon modeling technique.
- We will be creating a human character for our last and largest project. In this project, we will implement two methods, the polygon modeling and the curve modelling. To ensure proper animation, we will work with the proper edge-flow and model the face, body, hands, feet, hair, clothes, and shoes from scratch.
- Following the modeling of the human, we will unwrap all of the parts of the character and create its UV maps so that we can texture it later. With the shading phase, we will learn different methods to create materials, such as painting textures in other digital painting programs, applying textures obtained from the internet, creating and applying PBR maps, creating procedural textures, and using Blender's own Texture Paint tool.
- In a later section, we'll discuss rigging. With shape keys, bones, drivers, and constraints, we can create a facial rig for our human character, so he can show facial expressions. After that, we will build the body rig by adding bones, understanding how forward and inverse kinematics differ, and using controllers that will let us pose the character. Following that, we'll give the bones a nicer look so that the rig is more appealing and intuitive to use.
- Our final step will be the automatic weight assignment from the rig within the mesh and the manual weight painting in Blender, in which we can modify the influence of the bones to our liking.
- We will be able to pose our character once all of that is complete, and we will be able to use our human character for animation!
You will be able to create your own 3D characters for animation if you take this Ultimate character creation in Blender: From beginner to pro course!
In the end, you will be completely trained and will possess the necessary skills to create your own character with Blender.
More than 200 videos (aff) are available in this Ultimate character creation in Blender: From beginner to pro course, including content covering over 30 hours and taught by one 3D artist who was just trying to share her knowledge.
Are you ready to get started? Come along with me as we create professional-looking 3D characters with Blender!
Who this course is for:
- People who are curious about the world of 3D modeling and animation.
- People who are willing to learn how to create professional looking 3D characters.
Created by Monica Chavez Trochez
Last updated 8/2021
Size: 24.7 GB