The Unity VFX Graph makes it easy to create magical abilities for the game character Thunderlord after taking this Unity VFX Graph – Magic Effects – Intermediate Level udemy course.
What you’ll learn
- Create Magic Abilities for a Game Character.
- Learn Unity Visual Effect Graph.
- Learn Unity Shader Graph.
- Learn how to create Smoke, Hand-Made Flipbooks, Textures, Meshes and Fracture Objects.
- Unity: Basics
- Photoshop (or similar): Basics
- Blender: Basics
- Graphic Tablet Helps
The purpose of this Unity VFX Graph – Magic Effects – Intermediate Level course is to teach you how to create visual effects with Unity Visual Effect Graph. Create an Ability Set for a game character named Thunderlord.
From basic to intermediate, you’ll learn how to use Visual Effect Graph. In this session, we’ll see how this node-based tool works and get started with some simple but effective exercises like sparks to help you get started. Then we will discuss intermediate and advanced effects creation, a set of capabilities consisting of:
Ability 01: Projectile – Projectile with Trails, Warm-up effect, Impact and Hammer Glow;
Ability 02: Earthshatter – Earthshatter effect, Hammer Trails and Hammer Glow;
Ability 03: Hammer Punch – Hammer Punch effect, Hammer Trails and Hammer Glow;
Ability 04: Thunderstorm – Thunderstorm AoE, Lightning Strike effect, Warm-up effect, Falling Projectiles effect.
While you create this advanced effects, you will learn stuff like:
1) Use Shader Graph and create practical shaders for game effects;
2) Create original Textures from scratch;
3) Make some awesome Trails;
4) Create hand-painted Flipbook Animations;
5) Create Smoke with Blender;
6) Fracture Objects with Blender;
7) And much more.
By taking this Unity VFX Graph – Magic Effects – Intermediate Level course, you will gain real-life experience of Visual Effects creation in an environment of Game Development.
This Unity VFX Graph – Magic Effects – Intermediate Level course was made with Unity URP in 2020.1.14. It is compatible with 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Who this course is for:
- Unity users
- Unreal users
- Game Developers
- VFX Artists
- 3D Generalists
Created by The GAP Academy, Gabriel Aguiar
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 8.1 GB