The project was created with the help of Epic Games. Using Unreal, you will make your first four video games while learning C++
What you’ll learn
- C++, the games industry-standard language.
- How to use the Unreal Engine 4 Editor.
- Git as version control and backup system.
- Object Oriented Programming and how to put it into practice.
- Sound effects and audio to add depth to your games.
- Game design principles.
- Programming patterns and best practices.
- Unreal’s Terrain Editor to create epic landscapes.
- Artificial Intelligence behavior programming for enemies.
- Strong and transferable problem-solving skills.
- Modern game development technologies and techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of computers.
- Write code that is clean and to understand.
- Unreal Gameplay Framework to make games easily.
- Advanced vehicle physics.
- Blackboard and Behaviour Tree for customizable AI.
- Animation Blueprint for custom character animation.
- C++ template programming to reduce repetition.
- Vector maths for gameplay and physics calculations.
- 64-bit PC capable of running Unreal 4 (recommended).
- Or a Mac running MacOS 10.14 Mojave or higher
- About 15GB of free disc space.
Unreal Engine 4.22 and higher have been used for the updated and remastered course. Students who already have access to the new material can use it for free.
Get connected with our developer communities on Facebook (nearly 20k members), in our TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k participants at any one time).
Kickstarter’s success propelled the creation of this Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games course. You will get access to all the upcoming content as soon as it’s published. Upon completion of the course, there will be over 50 hours of content and 300 or more lectures.
If you are a complete beginner, you can learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4. There are many game development engines available these days, but Unreal is free to use for indie and AAA studios alike. We take you step-by-step through this beast that can be a challenge to understand
Interested in VR or multiplayer and already know Unreal? Please take a look at our other Unreal courses, just look for the green leaf for our other outstanding Unreal courses.
There is no need to know Unreal or code beforehand, just a little knowledge can go a long way! Learn how to accomplish anything you want through our online tutorials. A project-based learning approach is the most effective method of learning Unreal Engine.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the instructors who are on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a tank game, and a First Person Shooter.
You will have access to a forum where you can discuss whatever topic you would like, whether it is related to the whole Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games course or to the individual videos. You can connect with other students in our vibrant discussion forum and learn new things.
We will teach you how to use C++, the powerful language used by the industry. When you complete this Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games course, you will be confident in coding and game development basics, and eager to learn more.
“C++ is essential to any serious game developer, according to Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog (creator of Uncharted and The Last Of Us).
Those who want to learn to make games should look into using Unreal Engine, an amazing platform that enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore, these games can be easily built from a single database for Windows, Consoles, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web!
We will teach you all the coding and game design principles you need if you’re a complete beginner. Our art training program will help you reveal your skills as an artist. Game design principles will be taught to you if you are a coder.
What this course DOESN’T cover…
Since this Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games course is already very large, we won’t be able to cover everything in that time. We will not cover the following topics…
- Team collaboration topics.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification.
- Multiplayer features.
Start to learn Unreal C++ now, you won’t be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to bring their assets alive in a game engine.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to coding.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Existing programmers who want to re-skill to game development.
Created by Ben Tristem, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv Team, Rob Brooks
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 20.23 GB