In 2020, complete a beautifully responsive WordPress site that looks great on all devices. No prior experience is necessary.
What you’ll learn
- Install WordPress on your PC or Mac computer, so you can learn without having to pay hosting or domain fees.
- This WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress.
- Navigate around the WordPress dashboard, know what everything does and how to use it.
- Understand the main features of WordPress
- Create pages and posts, and most importantly, know the difference between the two.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful.
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find/install them
- Protect their WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Create a static homepage useful for most websites, or a blog-like homepage useful for bloggers.
- Create a Responsive Website that looks good on any browser
- No prior knowledge of WordPress is required as everything will be covered in this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course.
- You will need a working computer and a web browser connected to the internet.
- You don’t need any coding experience at all. That is the beauty of WordPress.
The Complete WordPress Guide for Beginners!
There has never been a better time to build a fantastic, mobile-friendly website that looks great on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
WordPress can be learned without buying a domain name or web hosting service. I will show you how to use these tools to set everything up on your own computer.
It is important to note that this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course will always be updated to reflect the newest version of WordPress. WordPress versions prior to 5.0 are supported.
This course’s main objective is to teach even the most inexperienced WordPress users how to become a WordPress guru without lots of technical jargon in a few short hours. This WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course guarantees that once you complete it, you will have the knowledge to build a highly functional, beautiful website using the latest version of WordPress. As a WordPress user, not only will you know more than 99% of other users, you will also really enjoy using WordPress.
The WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course is taught by WordPress author and teacher, Dr. Andy Williams, who has over a decade of experience using and teaching WordPress to people of all skill levels.
About the Course
You will be guided step-by-step through every step of the process from installation to completion. We will cover how you can install WordPress on your own computer for free, so you don’t have to buy a domain name or pay hosting fees while you complete this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course. Upon installing WordPress on your computer, you will learn how to create and maintain a successful website that looks beautiful and is responsive.
The following step addresses all of the main WordPress options, explaining their purpose and how they are set up. Watch over my shoulder while I build a WordPress website! I plan to maintain it as an affiliate site for many years to come, and I hope to earn passive income from it. Visit Section 13 for a free, pre-release preview of the tutorials.
Who is this WordPress course for?
Have you ever wanted to create a professional-looking website, but didn’t know where to begin? It’s now possible. There is a WordPress for Beginners course for everyone, regardless of the level of technical knowledge. No prior knowledge is required for this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course!
You can use your own computer or a web host to host your site. Once you learn how to use WordPress, you will be ready to use it. Let’s begin by logging in to have a look around to familiarize ourselves with the main areas of the Dashboard.
Your site will be ready to use once you have decided whether you will host it on your own computer or through a web host. Logging in allows us to familiarize ourselves with the major areas of the Dashboard right from the beginning.
We will go over the main features you will need as you assemble your site once you have mastered the navigation around your new tools, including:
- The WYSIWYG Editor. This is where you enter all of your website content.
- The Media Library, to manage your images, videos, sound files and other media you want to share on your site.
- WordPress Settings, and I’ll take you step by step to set those up just right.
- We’ll look at the differences between WordPress posts and pages, and I’ll give you a simple way of knowing which one to use on any occasion.
- We’ll look at post excerpts, categories and tags, and how to use them on a well-structured site to maximize visitor experience and search engine ranking benefits.
- You’ll see the two main ways you can set your homepage up.
- We’ll create a contact form on the site so visitors can get in touch.
- We’ll setup an About us page, and I’ll explain why this page is important and what information to include on it.
- We’ll cover the legal pages you need.
- We’ll discuss the navigation system on your site, and how you can set up customized navigation in the header, sidebar or footer of your site. We’ll also talk about internal site linking.
- We’ll cover WordPress security, and set up a system that will keep the site safe from hackers.
- We’ll check out some great free plugins.
- Finally, I’ll give you a 20 step plan for creating your site.
By the end of this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course, you will have a website that you are truly proud of.
Just of few of the many Student Reviews
- A well-structured and well-delivered presentation. A logical and easy-to-understand explanation. During the course, I developed my own website, which was up and running within two weeks of starting. Now that I’ve completed a couple of the course developers’ courses, I’m keen to explore their other offerings. This WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course is highly recommended. Steve Laing
- Instructor of excellent quality. I like Andy a lot. All of his arguments were accompanied by visual aids. My understanding of all of the areas I knew was tested when I paused him and went to my site. There is a lot of excitement and results following the event. Esau Khan
- The course was excellent. Andy, thank you so much. It’s a great course, and so far it has helped me get started building a WordPress website. The time you spent checking for me after I had an issue viewing my website was very impressive. Your great teaching skills are evident in that statement. I have already booked another course by to, and I can’t wait to take more. A second time. Thank you. B Brown
- In my experience, many of the courses I’ve taken to learn WordPress are either too complicated or the author doesn’t explain concepts sufficiently so that you can understand what’s being said. With this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course, Andy strikes an excellent balance in that all the modules are broken up into bite-sized chunks. It’s nice that he takes enough time to explain each new concept or module without being repetitive or using jargon that’s hard to understand. As well as being able to follow along with Andy as he expounds on each new module (as opposed to just listening to slides every time). Essentially, he walks you through everything, so you feel like you’re right there watching over his shoulder. Those who want to learn the fundamentals of WordPress will absolutely love this course. The fact that all of this information is in one place will help you save tons of time. Furthermore, you’ll even learn how to set up affiliate links (not something everyone needs, but I appreciate Andy including this so you can learn it if need be). The course was amazing! Lance Gross
- An extraordinary instructor – an outstanding course! Andy’s WordPress for Beginners-Master WordPress Quicky course is by far the best WordPress course I’ve ever seen. Additionally, I would not call it a beginner’s game. My previous experience with WordPress was pretty good, but this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course has taught me so much more! I have always wondered about the many settings and options in WordPress and most courses just skip over them or tell you to check this box and move on. Until now, I never really got any answers to my questions. In his instructions, Andy is very detailed. Then, he explains each setting step by step, what it constitutes, and when (and why) it is used. Andy’s course gave me the best learning experience I’ve had. His clearly produced videos indicate that he has extensive teaching experience. You’ll find that your confidence level will skyrocket after completing this course. Carol
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect if you want to learn WordPress without having to pay for a web host. As you learn, I will show you how to set up WordPress on your own computer.
- If you want to build a website, whether for personal or business reasons, then this WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course is for you.
- If you want to learn more about WordPress without getting bogged down with technical jargon, this course is for you.
- You can learn step-by-step, over-the-shoulder from an ex-school teacher who has been using and teaching WordPress since 2004.
- If you want to take over an existing WordPress website, or if you want to build one from scratch, but don’t know where to start, this course is for you.
- This WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course is for anyone that wants to be the WordPress goto guy or gal.
Created by Andrew Williams
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 3.17 GB